Search This Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

He is Risen!

My first Sabbath (Saturday) in Jerusalem I had the opportunity to go to the Garden Tomb after church. My knowledge about it is limited so I would encourage you to do some research for yourself. This site is run by a Protestant group. It is a sight that is believed to be the death place and place of resurrection for Jesus Christ. I walked around the garden and went inside the tomb. There were different groups there and each would sing a song throughout the time their. My group sang Nearer My God to Thee. It was a neat experience.

Now, on Sunday, after seeing some other sites in the city, I went to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Again, I would encourage you to read up on this site. It is run by Catholics, and is believed to be the site of the death and resurrection of Christ. I stood in line to enter the tomb. I noticed the ritualistic dedication and worship of those there.

I'm sure you see a problem. Both cannot be Christ's place of death and resurrection. And honestly, we don't know for sure if either of them are. The place could be unknown. But what I do know, is I felt a different kind of spirit at each place. I did not get a burning revelation that one was false while the other was true. No. It's not important. But I could feel the difference. And it is not my place to say. I've heard other students say they prefer one over the other. You do not need to hear that from me.

What I wish to express, is something touched upon at the Garden Tomb. We do not worship the rocks Christ walked upon or the stones where his blood dripped down. We worship Him. We worship Him and His great sacrifice for us. It doesn't matter where it took place. It matters that it happened. Why do ye look for the living among the dead? He is risen!


No comments:

Post a Comment