Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2014

It Has All Been Worth It



On the fifth of April I had the opportunity to go to Capernaum. What struck me most when arriving was the words of my teacher, “there are few places where we know for a fact that Christ was, this is one of them.” It’s true. Most places we go are more of a memorial to the acts of Christ or it’s where tradition says it happened. But, this was Capernaum. It was where Christ walked; where he taught. It was his home away from home, just like Jerusalem has become mine.

As I entered the city I imagined being one of the followers and disciples of Christ walking with him into the city.

I went to the temple of the synagogue where Christ taught. I saw the remains of the homes. I stood above Peter’s house. I walked the streets and went to the shore. That is where I found my place. I was filled with the spirit as I walked around this ancient town of Christ.
In my journal, this is what I wrote:
           
            If everything has been for nothing but this moment, it has all been worth it.

Working on my goal, proved to be increasingly difficult, and I certainly felt the strains and opposition that comes when coming closer to God.  But truly it was worth it to walked where Christ walked and feel of the spirit testifying this to me.

Of course, you do not need to go to these places to have such experiences. I knew that before I came here, and I know it still. But, how grateful I am to have such experiences that only bring me closer to my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment