Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

The Spirit of Galilee

Yesterday I returned to my Jerusalem home. I spent my time in Galilee completely absorbed in the spirit. The spirit of God and the spirit of Galilee. As I mentioned before, I had a very intense goal. In reflection I can't say I reached it, but I can't say I didn't reach it.

I didn't literally reach it, but it wasn't necessarily something tangible to achieve. What I do know, is that I put my entire heart and soul into it and for that, I have become so much stronger. During Christ's ministry he performed the feeding of the 5,000. When the multitude sought him the next day they wanted him to again perform a miracle. What Christ tries to get them to think about is this: What is the greater miracle, that I fed you from nothing, or that the Christ that was prophesied of is actually in your midst. Sometimes we seek for these flashy miracles when truly the real miracles are right before us. And in that sense, I truly achieved my goal.

My last morning before departing Galilee, I walked to the shore and looked out and prayed. As I looked out and reflected in my time spent there I felt like Peter after Christ was crucified. He didn't know what to do anymore so he went back to fishing. He was lost. Then, when he saw Christ resurrected on the shore he leapt out of the boat and swam to shore. He could not wait to be with his savior again. I felt that leaving Galilee was leaving all I had learned in coming close to my Savior. I followed his ministry and learned by him. I was there. And now I had to leave. But, that was where Peter got the call to "feed my sheep". And so shall I, in my own way. As I closed my prayer I asked to keep with me the spirit of Galilee and remember what I had learned. And in the following posts I will share some of those, in hope that those who read can capture some of that as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment