Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Book of Mormon

On Sunday I had the opportunity to listen to an archeologist who travels all over the middle east. He focused on the journey of Lehi and his family from Jerusalem to the land of milk and honey. As I listened and looked at his slides, I could hardly contain my enthusiasm as I recognized a circular altars in some pictures from a place I had visited. I was distraught that I couldn't remember that the pictures were from Har Megiddo also pronounced Armageddon.
Megiddo

It was amazing for me to be reminded of the truth that the gospel has that doesn't belong to another church. Sometimes I get caught up in the Bible and the places I went and the knowledge I have about it all. And it is important, the gospels contain the life and ministry of Christ which is the good news. But, the Book of Mormon is a continuation of that story containing his ministry after he was resurrected. 

In third Nephi we read about Christ's birth, death, and resurrection from the perspective of those who left Jerusalem and journeyed to the Americas. We read of Christ coming to the America's and visiting his "other sheep".

"Jesus Christ did show himself unto the people of Nephi, as the multitude were gathered together in the land Bountiful, and did minister unto them; and on this wise did he show himself unto them."
          Comprising chapters 11-26.  

Though my experience traveling through the Bible is one of the most valuable things I have, it is not as valuable as my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know the words are true, that they continue the journey of Christ's ministry. It is a book of divine knowledge brought about in our day to restore the fulness of the gospel in the world. It goes hand in hand with the Bible as another testament of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment